The CoughAssist CA-3000 is a noninvasive therapy that safely and consistently removes secretions in patients with an ineffective ability to cough.
The manufacturer has stopped production for this device in 2014. This is a refurbished product, in excellent condition. All of our instruments are completely disinfected, inspected and calibrated to original manufacturer’s standards. This device requires annual calibration for optimal performance.
CoughAssist clears secretions by gradually applying a positive pressure to the airway, then rapidly shifting to negative pressure. The rapid shift in pressure produces a high expiratory flow, simulating a natural cough.
- Removes secretions from the lungs
- Reduces the occurrence of respiratory infections
- Safe, noninvasive alternative to suctioning
- Easy for patients and caregivers to operate
- Can be used with a face mask, mouthpiece or with an adapter to a patient’s endotracheal or tracheostomy tube
- Approved for home use in adults and children
- Available in automatic and manual model
Typical CoughAssist patients include those with the following conditions:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Myasthenia gravis
- Spinal cord injuries