Demo Respirtech inCourage® Airway Clearance System
The RespirTech inCourage® Airway Clearance Vest system provides proven & effective airway clearance therapy. High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO) Vest therapy has been prescribed since 1988 for more than 120,000 people with airway clearance needs.
This system was designed for patients with a wide range of conditions including Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and bronchiectasis.
The inCourage® System includes an inflatable vest, two hoses and an air pulse unit.
The therapy works by administering fast, yet gentle air pulses to the chest to clear airways.
These air pulses work to shorten treatment time when compared to manual percussion therapy and increase the amount of mucus removed.
Using HFCWO,mucus is loosened and liquified and moved from smaller to larger airways from where it can be coughed up.
This system also produces greater airflow to help move secretions out of the lungs through coughing, swallowing or suctioning if needed.
The inCourage® System Vest Therapy is easy, highly effective & comfortable because all areas of the lungs are treated at the same time.
Patients can also save time in their daily regiments by combining their nebulizer & vest treatments.
- A system that has been demonstrated to a prospective patient.
- Air pulse unit clock shows between 0.1 and 0.9 hours of pre-existing use.
- AAir Pulse unit and all accessories are like-new, show no signs of use.
- Software version 1.22, 1.23 or 2.0
- Locking hoses
- 3 year, 1200 hour warranty on air pulse unit.
No special skills are necessary to administer self treatment and little or no caregiver assistance is required.
This system has been completely disassembled, disinfected, inspected and fully tested to OEM specifications.
Patients that use these airway clearance systems regularly may benefit from:
- Improved energy levels and a greater capacity for exercise
- Easier breathing and improved sleep quality.
- Fewer respiratory infections and therefore a reduced need for antibiotic treatments.
- Greater volumes of secretions cleared, decreasing potential infection sites and thus resulting in reduced clinic visits and hospitalizations.
The Respirtech inCourage® can be used independently by most users, as it is designed for simple, easy to use one-button operation.
All components, from the vest to the control panel have been designed to maximize ease of use and improved comfort.
The inCourage® System is programmed with very easy-to-follow instructions.
You can also program and save individualized therapy sessions.
Therapy customization and clear, detailed therapy data are at your fingertips. It’s really that simple!
Some airway clearance vest systems can compress a patient’s chest.
This can cause discomfort for some patients and making it difficult to take a deep breath.
The inCourage® System utilizes a unique active venting process.
This allows the chest to expand for deep, comfortable breathing even during treatment.
Patient comfort leads to greater use and easier compliance with daily therapy.
Increased and regular use of the system can result in better outcomes and fewer respiratory infections for chronic airway clearance conditions.
The inCourage® System incorporates recent advances in vest therapy technology, including the triangle waveform.
Patients that have used this system report that this triangle waveform therapy appeared more comfortable because the duration of peak pressure is shorter than in similar airway clearance devices.
Triangle waveform therapy may be more effective as peak airflow and maximum air volumes occur at the same frequencies during treatment.
This triangle shape of the air-pulse waveform has been proven to maximize mucus clearance.
This therapy delivers an air pulse that is shaped like a triangle with a rapid rise in pressure, a sharp, gentle peak followed by a rapid fall in pressure.
The use of this triangle, instead of the traditional waveform technology used in the Hill-Rom Vest and Electromed’s SmartVest system results in an additional 20% to 40% mucus clearance with the inCourage® System’s triangle wave form.
The inCourage® System is programmed with easy-to-follow instructions. Patients can program and save individualized therapy sessions.
The machine is equipped with a touch button digital control panel and a choice of three simple treatment sessions to provide reliable, individualized treatments or a standard treatment program.
A Quick-Start feature will activate a pre-programmed 30-minute session that ramps up and down through a full range of therapeutic frequencies.
A pre-programmed 30-minute session stops regularly at five-minute intervals allowing users to cough up mucus with a single button.
The system incorporates multi-step programming that permits users to enter and save up to three individualized sessions, with up to 12 different steps each.
All components of the inCourage® system have been designed for ease of use and improved patient comfort.
The air pulse unit has been reduced in size and weight to be as compact and light as possible.
Vest garments are available in 2 inch increments designed for the best fit, which in turn helps to maximizes treatment results.
With other systems, garment choices are limited to small, medium, large and extra large.
A vest garment that is too small is extremely uncomfortable while a garment that is too big does not deliver effective treatments.
Locking Hose Connectors are standard on all inCourage® systems that keep the vest garment securely connected to the air pulse unit.
We supply either a rolling travel bag or a non-rolling carry bag for the system. Please specify when ordering.
Nearly twenty years of clinical experience and over 80 research studies have demonstrated the benefits of vest therapy, also known as high frequency chest compression or oscillation therapy.
Diseases and conditions that cause impaired airway clearance
- Acid Maltase Deficiency and other deficiencies of circulating enzymes
- Anterior Horn Cell Diseases
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Werdnig-Hoffmann Disease
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Unspecified
- Kugelberg-Welander Disease
- Other Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Progressive Muscular Atrophy
- Progressive Bulbar Palsy
- Pseudobulbar Palsy
- Primary Lateral Sclerosis
- Other Motor Neuron Diseases
- Other Anterior Horn Cell Diseases
- Anterior Horn Cell Disease Unspecified
- Bronchial Stenosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- CHARGE Syndrome
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Congenital Hereditary Muscular Dystrophy
- Hereditary Muscular Dystrophy
- Myotonic Disorders
- Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy
- Myotonia Congenital
- Myotonic Chondrodystrophy
- Drug Induced Myotonia
- Other Specified Myotonic Disorder
- Other Myopathies
- Toxic Myopathy
- Myopathy in Endocrine Diseases Classified Elsewhere
- Symptomatic Inflammatory Myopathy in Diseases Classified Elsewhere
- Disorders of the Diaphragm
- Post Lung Transplant
- Post Polio Syndrome
- Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia
- Quadriplegia Unspecified
- Quadriplegia C1-C4 Complete
- Quadriplegia C1-C4 Incomplete
- Quadriplegia C5-C7 Complete
- Quadriplegia C5-C7 Incomplete
- Other Quadriplegia
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Tracheal Stenosis